Friday, November 12, 2010

Rectangle Squared Quilt continued


I LOVE how this quilt turned out!!  This is a quilt that I made for me, and that's a pretty great feeling.  I really whipped this one out quickly!

 

For the backing I used a mellow Kona gray pieced together with white and some pretty scraps from the front.  I used the stripey fabric for the binding, and it is just so much fun!  I think I'm going to use stripes for binding more often because it's so jaunty!


So here's a close up of the quilting I did.  It's just a basic free motion meandering design, and I like the way it turned out.

  If I ever do this type of stippling again I will have to try and keep the stiches a bit farther apart, and that will make the quilt even more comfy.  Although, it's pretty comfy already!

 

Again, if you want to know how to make this quilt check out the tutorial at Film in the Fridge.

3 comments:

  1. It looks great! Bigger than I thought it was too :) I do so enjoy the stripes for the binding, and I enjoy that you called it "jaunty"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its beautiful! I would love to try this quilt but the original poster said the finished blocks will be 7" and the math seems like they would be 8" ? Just wondering what you experienced when making the quilt! Thank you! :]

    ReplyDelete